“This is the energy storage decade.”
– Bloomberg NEF, 2021
What’s in it for my company?
- How much value can energy storage provide me today?
- How sensitive is the amortization of my investment?
- Which storage technology suits my use case the best?
- Will market regulation destroy my investment?
What we offer:
Profit Statement: State of the art energy storage simulation optimizing IRR, NPV etc.
Decision: Optimal storage technology selection that suits your business case.
Risk Management: Sensitivity analysis considering changing regulation, electricity prices, and/or expansion plans.
Schedule a first call and discuss your need
The optimal energy storage depends on:
1. Your energy assets
- Generation / demand profiles
- Installed capacities
- Grid connection type
- Existing (Power Purchase Agreement) contracts
- Expansion plans
- Financial factors (interest rate, amortizations period)
2. The correct combination of value streams
Value streams mainly depend on national factors, such as:
- Regulation (Taxes, Subsidies etc.)
- Electricity markets (design, liquidity, share of renewables etc.)
- Ancillary markets
- Demand charge fees etc.
- Geography and climate (seasonality etc.)
3. The right technology for the job
Every technology performs differently, important metrics are:
- Specific power / energy cost
- Longevity / degradation
- Energy- and power density
- Reaction time
- Efficiency / self-discharge-rate
- Scalability & modularity
We have developed our own optimisation framework to provide
- Precise storage specifications
- Hourly performance analysis
- Insightful sensitivity analysis
- Cost estimations and validation
- Several project proposals
See what our customers have achieved
|Case study||Customer type||Use Case analysed|
|1||Utility||Storage market arbitrage and secondary ancillary services in Austria (read more)|
|2||RE Developer||Storage for low-cost Off-Grid Hydrogen Generation in South Africa|
|3||RE Developer||LCoE Optimisation of solar + storage hybrid power plant|
|4||Industry||Hybrid energy storage for increased self-suffciency and peak-shaving|