Chemical Engineer / Intern / Working Student (f,m,d)
You like working with ultra-cold fluids? You want to use your know-how on something without any fossil fuel industry relations? You’re proficient in designing chemical and thermodynamic processes? You want to work with an amazing team and enable renewable energy adoption worldwide? Liquid Air Energy Storage is uniquely suited to solve large parts of the global energy storage problems, and we are looking for our technical design lead for our unique approach to commercialise liquid air energy storage. We want you!
Who are we?
phelas is pushing green energy production worldwide to the next level. Our Liquid Air Energy Storage will help to store green energy for short and medium durations. It will allow an increase of renewable energy in the grids and make them more economical. To top it off, it doesn’t use critical materials in contrast to Lithium-Batteries.
Our technology is based on already established industry solutions (cryogenic tanks, turbines, compressors) and is easily scalable. With our unique approach, we are able to solve the existing hurdles of Liquid Air Energy Storage and enable decreasing costs as well as new business models. After our successful pre-seed round combined with grants, we are currently preparing Seed round.
What will you do?
- Design, assess and optimize processes based on the technical and economic constraints
- Develop, design and calculate the relevant thermodynamic processes and operations (compression, air liquefaction, expansion, gas turbine etc.)
- Continuously review, challenge and improve the processes and make key decisions on important subsystems design
- Actively form and shape the company and its culture
- Make more renewable energy production possible to save our planet!
Who are you?
- Knowledgable in dynamic process simulation and control.
- Knowledgable in conventional and advanced process control approaches.
- Experienced in Aspen HYSYS or Aspen Plus dynamic simulation.
- Familiar with thermodynamics systems, and thermal energy storages design and analysis.
- Experienced and interested in renewable energy industries
- Will do attitude
- Your unique superpower not listed here – if you think you’re qualified for the role, please send us a message!
First-hand practical experience with projects is advantageous –> in case of doubt, please send us as a message!
Further information on data processing
Please see the information sheet on the processing of applicant data here [German/English PDF].