Energy Storage Analyst / Intern / Working Student (f,m,d)
You are enthusiastic about the energy transition? You’re proficient in energy economics and energy storage technologies? You want to work with an amazing team and enable renewable energy adoption worldwide? Liquid Air Energy Storage is uniquely suited to solve large parts of the global energy storage problems, and we are looking for support in the market analysis team to validate and simulate use cases for our customers.
Who are we?
phelas is pushing green energy production worldwide to the next level. Our Liquid Air Energy Storage will help to store green energy for short and medium durations. It will allow an increase of renewable energy in the grids and make them more economical. To top it off, it doesn’t use critical materials in contrast to Lithium-Batteries.
Our technology is based on already established industry solutions (cryogenic tanks, turbines, compressors) and easily scalable. With our unique approach, we are able to solve the existing hurdles of Liquid Air Energy Storage and enable decreasing costs as well as new business models.
What will you do?
- Goal of this internship is to extend our market validation and use case simulations
- Simulation of various use-cases for different markets and regulation areas, calculating the optimal use for our system and estimate economical profit
- Evaluate the potential profits per use-case in relation to overall market potentials
- Feed your findings back into our technical development team
- Actively form and shape the company and its culture
- Make more renewable energy production possible to save our planet!
Who are you?
- Professional (in the making, e.g. student, training, self-taught) with focus in energy systems and economics
- Will do attitude
- Programming skills (for example in Python)
- Proven self-organisation
- Fluent in English
- That certain something extra
- Fluent in German is advantageous
- First practical experience with projects in the energy sector is advantageous –> in case of doubt, please send us as a message!
Further information on data processing
Please see the information sheet on the processing of applicant data here [German/English PDF].