Are you fascinated by the endless possibilities of data? Do you have an interest in energy systems and a passion for discovering new solutions? We’re seeking an Data Scientist to join our market analysis team, focusing on validation and simulation of use cases for our revolutionary energy storage solution, Aurora, and our innovative energy planning software, Catalyst.
Innovate with phelas
phelas Job Offers
Who are we?
At phelas, we’re innovating the future of energy storage with Aurora and Catalyst. Aurora, our containerized Liquid Air Energy Storage (LAES) solution, is designed to reshape the energy storage landscape. Meanwhile, Catalyst, our trailblazing energy storage and green hydrogen planning tool, is streamlining the pathway to efficient, sustainable energy planning. Together, these solutions are igniting the transition to continuous, 24/7 renewable power, and you can be part of this exciting journey.
What will you do?
As a key member of our team, you will:
- Contribute to our market validation and simulation of use cases using our Aurora and Catalyst solutions.
- Apply your problem-solving skills to model various use-cases across different markets and regulatory environments, maximizing our system’s use and estimating economic benefits.
- Evaluate potential profits per use-case in relation to overall market potentials.
- Share your findings with our technical development team, contributing to our products’ ongoing improvement.
- Actively shape the company’s culture, embodying our innovative spirit and commitment to renewable energy.
- Support the production of more renewable energy, contributing significantly to our mission of saving our planet!
Who are you?
- A data enthusiast with a passion for finding patterns and insights in complex datasets.
- Intrigued by energy systems and economics. Possess a ‘can-do’ attitude, eager to tackle challenges and drive results.
- Have some programming experience, preferably in Python (but we’re ready to help you learn if not!).
- Demonstrated ability to self-organize and manage projects. Fluent in English.
- A unique ‘extra’ – whether it’s a skill or experience not listed here that makes you stand out. German language fluency and practical experience in the energy sector are advantageous but not required.
- If your previous experience does not perfectly match every point in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What do we offer?
- phelas is a place to grow ideas and strive as a team. We can confidently say, best ideas win!
- Currently 10 people with 7 nationalities, this is a place to shape our own work culture and serve global markets.
- Full-time employees participate in value increase of the company (employee stock programme) Having started at TUM (Technical University of Munich), we are connected well in the ecosystem and are surrounded with brightest minds.
- Speaking of Munich, we are based in a top10 worth-to-live-in cities in Europe. Flexible work hours.
- At phelas, we care about results and achieving our goals, not about being present 9-5. Hybrid workplace / home-office:
- As much as we enjoy on-site collaboration and working on hardware, we also know that diving deep into tasks is easier when undistracted.
- Transparent communication: This is the foundation of phelas’ positive work-environment. We share highs and lows and ensure effective flow of information.
Link to the application form: Link
phelas' Commitment to Inclusive Employment"
phelas is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees and welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of roots , colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, neurodivergency, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected characteristic.