Lead Software Developer – Catalyst SaaS
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Lead Software Developer to lead the development of our cutting-edge energy storage optimization software. You will work in close interaction with our energy storage engineers, focusing on achieving our development and scale-up milestones. You’ll be responsible for designing and developing our cloud-based software solution. We expect you to learn fast and grow with the company as we expand our team, activities, and facilities. The ability to self-organize, critically prioritize, and being proactive and team-oriented are key attributes.
Who are we?
We’re developing next-generation software for Energy Storage Optimization; a unique, cost-effective solution with a bright future. We believe that ideas can come from anyone at any level, and are motivated to improve the well-being of our planet. Come join us to make 100% renewable electricity a “no-brainer” everywhere on this planet!
What will you do?
You’ll take responsibility and lead all aspects related to the software development process, from designing and developing subsystems to ensuring the software meets industry standards and our customers’ needs. You’ll work closely with engineers from other disciplines and coordinate with suppliers and other partners to ensure a timely delivery of our software solution.
Who are you?
- Profound Experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar fields.
- Proven experience in software development, preferably in the energy sector.
- Proficient in modern programming languages such as Python, Java, C++, or similar.
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
- Strong understanding of software development principles and methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity.
- Solution-oriented, with a passion for developing and implementing solutions.
- Fluent English language skills are essential.
Nice-to-haves & Big pluses
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar fields.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar fields.
- Experience in leading a software development team and managing projects.
- Familiarity with energy storage systems and related technologies.
- Experience in developing SaaS applications.
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organization, structures, and processes.
- German language skills are a plus.
If your previous experience does not perfectly match every point in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What we offer:
- phelas is a place to grow ideas and strive as a team. We can confidently say, best ideas win!
- Currently 10 people with 7 nationalities, this is a place to shape our own work culture and serve global markets.
- Full-time employees participate in value increase of the company (employee stock programme)
- Having started at TUM (Technical University of Munich), we are connected well in the ecosystem and are surrounded with brightest minds.
- Speaking of Munich, we are based in a top10 worth-to-live-in cities in Europe.
- Flexible work hours. At phelas, we care about results and achieving our goals, not about being present 9-5.
- Hybrid workplace / home-office: As much as we enjoy on-site collaboration and working on hardware, we also know that diving deep into tasks is easier when undistracted.
- Transparent communication: This is the foundation of phelas’ positive work-environment. We share highs and lows and ensure effective flow of information.
Who are you?
Contact and tell us!
phelas is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees and welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of roots , colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, neurodivergency, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected characteristic.